Notchland’s location in this Winter Wonderland will surely make your winter visit magical.
Yes, you can do it all … which may include simply relaxing in front of your own crackling wood-burning fireplace (there’s one in every room at Notchland!) or exploring our 100 acres on snowshoes. We have snowshoe rentals available at the front desk. Chart a self guided Notch-to-Notch driving tour with the help of the Notchland staff.
Maybe you’d like to try something new! Head out to enjoy some of the best views of the Presidential Range from your very own dog sled, explore the White Mountain National Forest on a snow machine, or soar above the trees on zip lines at Bretton Woods!
#1 Ski Town in the U.S.
Nearby North Conway has won this designation two years in a row from USA Today. In addition to thirteen ski areas within thirty minutes of the Village, snow quality, variance of terrain and a variety of other area activities were all factors in their decision.
Many of these ski areas and activities are only a short drive from Notchland!
Ski or Ride over 300 trails
Activities to consider …
- Ice skating on Emerald Lake at Nestlenook Farm
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides at the Farm by the River
- Winter Sightseeing Tour – At breakfast, we can help you plan your itinerary — or take the SnowCoach to above treeline on Mt. Washington for a unique winter experience.
- Ride the Nor’Eastern Mountain Coaster at Attitash – 4300 feet of banked curves and dips down the mountain
- Tubing at Great Glen Trails or Cranmore
- Ziplines – Ride the Soaring Eagle zipline side-by-side at Cranmore or share hours of thrills on the Bretton Woods Canopy Tour which includes multiple zip lines!
Ski or Snowboard:
Over 300 trails to ski and ride!
Attitash, Bretton Woods, Black, Cranmore, or Wildcat
Cross Country Ski or Snowshoe:
More than 450 KM of combined trails to explore at Bretton Woods, Bear Notch, Great Glen Trails, Jackson or Mt. Washington Valley Ski Touring (North Conway’s intown network)