Notchland’s location in this Winter Wonderland will surely make your winter visit magical.
Yes, you can do it all … which may include simply relaxing in front of your own crackling wood-burning fireplace (there’s one in every room at Notchland!) or exploring our 100 acres on snowshoes. We have snowshoe rentals available at the front desk. Chart a self guided Notch-to-Notch driving tour with the help of the Notchland staff.
Maybe you’d like to try something new! Head out to enjoy some of the best views of the Presidential Range from your very own dog sled, explore the White Mountain National Forest on a snow machine, or soar above the trees on zip lines at Bretton Woods!
In these times of COVID-19, be prepared for things to be a bit different. All activities will have their own particulars regarding safety protocol. Many things are likely to take longer so please be patient. Come and enjoy the open spaces and outdoor activities but be respectful of other visitors and staff working very hard to keep you safe.
Here are some things to keep in mind …
- Plan ahead … many activities will operate with limited capacity and will require reservations. Be sure to contact them directly or visit their websites for updates and to make reservations if required.
- Wear a mask … mask wearing is required when in an area where social distancing is not possible.
- Downhill skiers / boarders … ski areas have their own guidelines for safety.
In general masks are required unless you are skiing, eating or drinking; advance ticketing may be required; capacity in base lodges will be limited; personal possessions (boot bags or lunch coolers) should be left in your car; covid symptom questions will be asked; contact info will be requested for tracing; lift lines will be longer as chair lifts can only be shared by family members or parties who are traveling together.
#1 Ski Town in the U.S.
Nearby North Conway has won this designation two years in a row from USA Today. In addition to thirteen ski areas within thirty minutes of the Village, snow quality, variance of terrain and a variety of other area activities were all factors in their decision.
Many of these ski areas and activities are only a short drive from Notchland!
Ski or Ride over 300 trails
Activities to consider …
- Ice skating on Emerald Lake at Nestlenook Farm
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides at the Farm by the River
- Winter Sightseeing Tour – At breakfast, we can help you plan your itinerary — or take the SnowCoach to above treeline on Mt. Washington for a unique winter experience.
- Ride the Nor’Eastern Mountain Coaster at Attitash – 4300 feet of banked curves and dips down the mountain
- Tubing at Great Glen Trails or Cranmore
- Ziplines – Ride the Soaring Eagle zipline side-by-side at Cranmore or share hours of thrills on the Bretton Woods Canopy Tour which includes multiple zip lines!
Ski or Snowboard:
Over 300 trails to ski and ride!
Attitash, Bretton Woods, Black, Cranmore, or Wildcat
Cross Country Ski or Snowshoe:
More than 450 KM of combined trails to explore at Bretton Woods, Bear Notch, Great Glen Trails, Jackson or Mt. Washington Valley Ski Touring (North Conway’s intown network)